Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm BACK!


Well, we're back and it feels good and I'm still catching up with stuff. The trip was wonderful, went by fast, and we had a great time but it's always so nice to come home. It was our first big trip with Lovebug...vacations with babies/kids are quite a bit of work aren't they? :) Not to say we didn't have some relaxing and lots of fun (because we certainly did!), but it's alot of work with a little one, especially in an unfamiliar place. Thank goodness my Love, my incredible partner in this parenting gig, was there 24/7...but now he's back to work (away from home) and it's just Lovebug and me :(, but at least we're back in a familiar place - our green nest that we love oh so much! And I'm BACK to the blog world - YEA! It has been fun catching up on what everyone's been up to...so glad you liked Matt's video! I thought it was pretty inspiring.

Alright onto the photos..let's see here...the above shot I took on a walk one morning. I know most people don't think much of the Texas coast, but we think it's beautiful - in such a Texas way :). We've been blessed to see some gorgeous beaches in Florida, Mexico, and even Italy, but we always come back to this one in our great state!

Lil' Love really enjoyed the water and the sand! She only tried to eat it the first day...


She would have just crawled up and down that beach if we would have let her!


and she didn't seem frightened by the water at all (definitely needs a life vest on next year:)...


Daddy and Lovebug gazing out at the ocean - so sweet!


The mandatory sister pic (love you sissies!)...with Lovebug, who is wearing a Mexican dress that was mine when I was little - thanks Mom for saving it!


Some precious nursing and bonding time between me and my babe on the beach one morning - wonderful memories that I won't ever forget!


Lil' Love really did enjoy it and it was so much fun to introduce her to it all, which we tried to only do in the morning or evening, because of the sun and HOT Texas weather...

Let's see, she also loved practicing her yoga on the beach, especially downward dogs...


and really enjoyed going on walks worn by Daddy or Mommy!


The traditional last night family pic, which was taken after a yummy dinner on the harbor...


My two favorite people in the whole world...and the most beautiful I've ever laid my eyes on!


Began with a sunrise above so let's end with a sunset - a pretty one over the bay at that!


That's it my friends - until next post...

7 comments:

Angela Harris said...

The most BEAUTIFUL pics. I've seen on any blog EVER! You are so blessed. I'm back visiting your blog to get some natural cleaning recipes. Gorgeous post! What part of Texas is that? I will definately be visiting that beach.

Claire, said...

Absolutely beautiful post! Your family, the sentiment, your baby, your beach, all of it, lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! I grew up going to Port A as well. My dad is a fisherman and I spent many long hours as a child on the piers in Rockport. Many long hours. Okay, you've convinced me to give Port A another chance. Those pictures are just stunning.

Erin Alaska said...

that little lovebug dress from Mexico is just the cutest thing I have ever seen. If I end up having a girl I will have to track one of those down, hmmm, somehow from Juneau. So glad you're back with lots of new ideas to share.
:)

Anonymous said...

your family is just so adorable - and what a smiley little bean! welcome back. :)

Monica said...

Looks like a fun trip. Glad you guys had a chance to get away. I know the sadness that comes when our men go back to the cave called work. : ( The pic of you and your sister, with your little one is so good!! I am so jealous of your pictures. You always do a great job. I will have to get some tips from you once you figure out how to capture the running child. : )

leslie said...

wow, that baby sure can smile!