Monday, October 13, 2008

The Perfect Pair

Yes, me and my Love of course :)...but also mint and chocolate! It's one of my favorite flavor combinations and I don't know why in the WORLD we've never tried this before, but on Friday we decided to go a little crazy and add chopped up fresh organic mint to our vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe, as well as organic peppermint extract in lieu of the vanilla. WOW, so yummy and delicious! They are our favorite cookies ever now - for reals people! So if you like to pair mint and chocolate together, go get you some fresh mint and try it and let me know what you think.


Our weekend was a little "off" as Saturday morning I woke up feeling not myself - so tired and SOOOO sore - almost fluish but no tummy issues or fever. Pretty sure it was the beginning of mastitis, which I've had before in my early breastfeeding days but yeah, it's no fun. So I rested and slept as much as possible on Saturday to fight it off, and my Love and Lovebug were so wonderful! They made me a Vitamin C-full smoothie, brought me chamomile tea with echinacea and st. john's wort tinctures, and just took care of me. I barely saw them though :( except when Lovebug came in to nurse or my Love brought me things or checked up on me, but they had lots of special daddy/daughter time which is always a very good thing.

Yesterday I awoke feeling much better after all that rest, so I think I'm in the clear. Thank goodness, because full-blown mastitis is terrible. Really and seriously, although it was an "off" weekend and I didn't feel well at all, the mint chocolate chip cookies truly made it a bit better so I insist you try it for yourself. Mint has definitely now been added to our planting list for the spring almost solely to make these cookies :)! I hope none of you had "off" weekends and wish you a wonderful week.

OH and there was another part of the weekend that made it nearly all better, which I'll share with you next time. Until then friends! :)

4 comments:

Angela Harris said...

I love this flavor combination & I will definately try it! With my 2nd baby I woke up in the middle of the night shivering so uncontrollably that I couldn't move. My husband took my temp. it was 104.0. It was extremely painful and scary. I didn't know all of the wonderful remedies you had though. Good for you you knew what to do.

Erin Alaska said...

chocolate and anything is good, especially being pregnant. but chocolate and mint, yummy! glad you are feeling better

Jessica said...

I have to agree that chocolate and mint is the perfect pair. I love a good chocolate chip cookie with a cup of mint tea!

jill said...

i have to try this now, i love fresh mint.