Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The invitation shot


Well hello everyone. Hope all is well with each of you! Things are busy here, just as everyone else seems to be around this time of year. Can you believe it's November? Gee-whiz! I've got the holidays on my mind, as I am sure each of you do as well. They will be upon us before we know it!


But first comes Lovebug's 1st birthday - YEA! Seriously, I CANNOT believe she is going to be ONE in about a month...super super super crazy. Wow, what a year! SO, this event designer has been working away on the details of this super duper special day (I keep saying "super", don't I? :). Anyway, I'm trying to design and plan a day our little baby will enjoy and seeing as our girl loves animals, it's going to be farm animal-themed. Her grandparents gave her an adorable wooden farm animal puzzle she has loved to play with ever since she was itty bitty, so the other day I took advantage of her playing and snapped away in hopes of getting a shot invitation-worthy.


In lieu of traditional invitations, we typically do email ones to save on paper and money. We used to do Evite, which I like, until I was introduced to Pingg, which I just love, as it's Evite's chic older sister. There aren't as many bells and whistles with Pingg, and it's alot simpler and cleaner looking, but Evite is fun and has cute themes, so they each have their place. With Pingg, you can upload your own photo but they also have a good amount of cool stock photos to choose from as well. Both Evite and Pingg are completely free, but another cool thing about Pingg is that you CAN buy postcards of your invite with the picture on one side and the info on the other for $1.25 each plus postage! Great for scrapbooking or keepsaking in memory of the event AND for the grandparent or family member that doesn't have an email account and needs to get a hard-copy :). I definitely would recommend checking both of them out for your next party or get-together!


Anyway, thought I'd share the shots in the running...


Hope all of your weeks are going well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your photographs; they're beautiful. :^)

Anonymous said...

Gosh 1 year old. Look forward to seeing other party planning.

Erin Alaska said...

I know that you will deliver a fabulous 1 year party. You're very inspiring, and always give me tons of ideas. Can't wait to see.
I am making my own Christmas cards this year, have any new ideas that you like? Would love to hear..

hanna said...

I'd just like to thank you for the link! My daughters first birthday was on Thursday and we are having a teddy bears picnic today to celebrate and I sent out online invites! And they look great.