Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Changing Leaves


Hope everyone had a great Halloween. Ours was pretty quiet with our traditional dinner of polenta pesto-stuffed acorn squash and spiced apple cider. So delicious! Occasionally it was interrupted by the sounds of cute little trick-or-treaters coming up the driveway. We didn't think we were going to have any, but then they finally arrived and our FruitaBu flats were gone pretty fast with just a handful of groups.


Even though it was still in the 80's this last weekend, we could finally see very noticeable changes in the trees around us, as there was a greater variety of colors and more brown leaves had fallen to the ground. It was a nice relaxing weekend...one of those where you really slow down, notice, and enjoy the little things. Every weekend or gosh, every day, should be like that. It is something we at least strive for here at Our Green Nest...


Today is an important day. I felt so blessed to be able to cast my vote for whom I see fit. Such a rush of excitement came over me as Lovebug and I sat down in the booth, and then a rush of pride as we got up and walked out. Hope each one of you got to experience those same feelings today as well!

3 comments:

Jashley and Grant said...

I adore the changing of leaves. We've gotten a huge burst of Autumn leaves and weather in Korea. I think I am going to freeze this winter. I hope that y'all get some cooler weather.

The Fox Den said...

I like your blog...I'll definetly be checking in on it. Thanks all the resourceful links, too!

Angela Harris said...

I'm telling you! You are my favorite blog to come to! Your pictures are bright and clean and your house and everything in it looks so organic and natural. I'm begging you! Please go to Stampington's website and ask to have your blog considered for Artful Blogging! So many people would love to change certain aspects of their lives to be like yours if only they knew how!