Monday, August 25, 2008

You are my sunshine

Yesterday was a sad day for me...I said goodbye to one of my sisters who is moving away to South Korea to teach for at least a year. She recently got married and each of them had planned on teaching overseas prior to even meeting (re-meeting actually) so it's all working out to get to fulfill their dream together. I'm so happy for them but will miss her very much.


We decided to spend our last day together for awhile doing some things we love - eating good food (at our fave restaurant - the BEST pancakes EVER!) and enjoying beautiful art at the Kimbell. The current exhibit is an Impressionist collection from The Art Institute of Chicago and it's gorgeous - truly inspiring - my faves were Van Gogh's The Bedroom and Monet's Water Lily Pond. Although Monet's Stacks of Wheat series is pretty amazing as well. Lovebug really enjoyed it as well...her Daddy wore her in the Ergo and she actually seemed to like many of the paintings and the vast array of colors and textures. So I see many art museum learning trips in the future - YEA! :)


My Love and I lived in Italy for awhile in college at our school's campus and got to travel Europe so we have been blessed to see many of the world's most wonderful museums (here's one of my faves - I LOVE Pollock and Kandinsky), but the Kimbell is such a beautiful one as well. The building's architecture, interior, and grounds are gorgeous, and we're blessed to have it and other such wonderful museums locally. My Love has a background in architecture and urban planning so he gave us an overview of the Kimbell's famed architect as well which was quite enjoyable - have I mentioned how adorable I find my Love to be? :)

So it was a sad but fun day with my sister and am so glad we were able to have that day before she left! Here's a shot of her and her Love I captured yesterday...


This is for you my beautiful, strong, passionate, and bright Sunshine:

You are my Sunshine
My only Sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my Sunshine away.


You will be in our prayers and thoughts as you embark on this journey - we will all (even Lovebug) miss you like crazy Sunshine (and Sunshine's husband:). We love you!

1 comment:

Claire, said...

That picture of your sister and her love is beautiful! I love those trees. Lucky her, off on a new adventure. The time will fly by, you'll see.