Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas 2009 Decor

As planned, we took all of our holiday decorations down this last weekend and I love how simple and clean the house looks right now. I loved the Christmas decorations so very very much, but it's a really nice change. I snapped some pics and wanted to document it for next year, as well as share it with you all of course :).

A simple garland of vintage wire candy canes found on Etsy and hung on white embroidery floss I use for everything...


I love these two vintage reindeer found at this past fall's Antique Weekend surrounded by organic cotton fill "snow" we had lying around....


Homemade soy candles surrounded by vintage pretties (found where you can probably guess:) and some tree clippings. This is sitting on top of one of many crochet doily placemats I inherited from my mom...


I adore vintage crochet snowflakes and have collected many over the last couple of years from various places. I love seeing them hang, especially around our Michelle Armas painting, which she created for our wedding anniversary this last year. She has been getting alot of much-deserved attention lately around blogville (so glad!) and a print of her gorgeous Secret Garden painting is even being sold at Urban Outfitters now! SO, check her out...


This lil' holiday village on our mantle was one of my favorite things this season! I scooped up the bottlebrush trees at Antique Weekend this past spring and the houses in the fall. It's surrounded by more organic cotton "snow"...


An inherited metal basket filled with vintage Christmas books, some of which were my Love's growing up, some were Etsy finds, and the others were a sweet gift from a dear friend. This sat on our coffee table and the books were read and/or flipped through quite a bit! The vintage bells and the ribbon were also found at the amazing Etsy. Shocker, I know...


More adorable vintage reindeer found at a thrift store from the same thoughtful friend (thanks Emily!) surrounded by more of that "snow". I love these little cute guys with their tiny bells...


Another village shot...I loved this even more because my Love did it all and quite enjoyed himself along the way! He did a wonderful job and I so loved looking at this every day and seeing his work. I'm a blessed girl...


So there you go, our Christmas 2009 decor. What fun! I loved it overall more than any other year thus far and I look forward to the 2010 decorations, but first comes Valentine's and ALL the other seasons/holidays that I love so very much :)! For awhile though, I'm just going to enjoy the minimalist look we currently have going on.

4 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Oh it looks so clean and pretty. I really love the candy canes, so delicate.

The Rozell Family said...

SO beautiful!! I love that you love the reindeer!!! I keep meaning to take a pic of the tin you gave me. It goes beautifully with my others! I love it!

Michelle said...

How cool! Your painting looks amazing there, I am so glad I got to see it, it makes me happy :)

amy said...

oh my- i NEVER before saw that idea with the simple candy cane garland. how swet!